[cma-l] Community Radio recording for legal purposes

Richard Berry richard.berry at sunderland.ac.uk
Tue Dec 9 14:20:42 GMT 2008

I should have added before that it's a good idea to have a back-up
system and a means of flagging up errors in the logging system. So,
you might want to have a primary recorder hooked up to the studio-
output (to offer guests tapes etc) and a backup from off-air. Ofcom
seem to be getting tough on this now and if your system has failed and
they ask for a recording you can't offer then they may decide to make
an example of you. So belts and braces everyone!

Rich
(Utopia FM)

Richard Berry
Senior Lecturer in Radio