[cma-l] Fwd: [comradio-l] Community Radio recording for legalpurposes

Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 11:25:27 GMT 2008

Hi Norman

I think most stations record from the last practical point in the audio
chain feeding the transmitter, rather than actually off-air. Of course it
must be at a point where there is no provision for any alternative audio to
be fed in after it (eg after any silence/breakdown detector), and if such a
device is located remotely (ie at the transmitter) then I guess you would
need to record actually off air.

There are pros and cons to both methods, but I think for most people actual
off-air is usually done only when needing to investigate technical problems
such as interference.

We take our recording feed from a parallel connection to the output of the
transmission audio processor which is then fed on into the transmitter link.
The only thing that gets inserted after that is the RDS data, and that has
no audio in it.

Alex
Two Lochs Radio