[cma-l] Playout software

bruce bruce at celticmusicradio.net
Mon Dec 8 12:19:08 GMT 2008

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Steven Suttie wrote:

> Keep it in mind that you need 4 available channels on your desk, plus
> the ?400 soundcard and XLR - Jack cables for each work station. And then

Not necessarily - that of course is the most flexible way to do it,
but it's perfectly possible to run Myriad using 4 cart players all
assigned to the same audio output - even the onboard audio (yuk!)
on the computer. You do, of course lose some flexibility, not being
able to control the levels of each cart individually from the desk.

I've got a laptop which runs a copy of Myriad. 4 cart players, one
audio input, one output. Normally it's used in our studio as an
extra machine for voicetracking and admin. On occasion we disconnect
it from the network and plug in a USB disk which contains a copy
of the Myriad database. It can then be taken out to outside broadcasts.

Bruce.

--

Bruce Rodger
Celtic Music Radio