[cma-l] Do you have a good relationship with your local press?

Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 13:10:21 BST 2007

> A new manager took
> over and cancelled the interview, as he thought community radio was a
> threat.

Well I guess that was a big compliment really!

Seriously, we have a very good relationship with BBC Radio Scotland (there's
no BBC local radio as such here), but I think it is very much down to who's
in the relevant positions.

We have had community radio in the Highlands & Islands of Scotland from long
before the introduction of CR licenses as such (we are fully commercial ILR
licensed instead), and the head of BBC Radio Scotland is very supportive of
community radio. He even delivers training in person and with some of his
staff to members of the H&I community broadcasting federation.

Alex