[cma-l] Do you have a good relationship with your local press?

Pauline Murphy pauline.murphy at merseymail.com
Thu Sep 13 11:24:21 BST 2007

Hi
I recently had a conversation with our local press (free papers) that are
delivered to the community. They never print any of the positive things
that happen within the community including all the good work that the
community radio delivers. If we have a drugs raid, murder or benefit fraud
etc it is covered by swarms of press.
People like to have the good news and especially like to read about what is
happening in their own community but it is always glum.
Lets have some positive reading from papers is what I say
Pauline

> Fwd:
>

> From: Phoenix FM <sales at phoenixfm.co.uk>
>
> Hi Everyone
>
> Just wondered if other stations have the same problem as we do, that our
> local press will not feature us at all, unless we pay for it of course.
> If many of you do have the same problem, which I think you might as our
> local press is owned by Johnston Press who owns the majority of local
> papers.
>
> Is there anything that we can do as a group to combat this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Phoenix Radio
> Halifax

Pauline Murphy
Project Co Ordinator
Tel: 0151 691 1595
Mob: 0791 507 4588

Community Radio is run by the community for the community.
7 Waves Community Radio and new media centre will be operational from March 2008 be sure to give your support.
This is the best communication tool for advertisers and community groups.
Contact us now for more information.
Please visit the web site www.7waves.co.uk
0151 691 1595