[cma-l] Do you have a good relationship with your local press?

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Sep 12 16:52:11 BST 2007

Fwd:

From: Trevor Lockwood <lockwood at btinternet.com>

Our local paper (again part of a large group) declined our offer of a
weekly slot.

One way forward is to do better than they do: provide better coverage
of in-depth stories, give access to a wide variety of people and
organisations - and (if they get really awkward) do a programme about
local press coverage, full of vox-pop opinions.

They are disturbed by our presence, we are a threat, especially to
their advertising revenue.

Remember we are part of the media - you have a voice, a platform, use
it wherever you feel it is needed, and probably the best way is just
to ignore their existence.

Get on the Clapham omnibus! Power to the People!

Trevor
--
http://www.felixstoweradio.co.uk
http://www.icrfm.co.uk