[cma-l] Do you have a good relationship with your local press?

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Sep 12 14:58:49 BST 2007

Fwd:

From: Shane Mc Breen <shanemcbreen at yahoo.com>

You might consider making an agreement with them whereby they give you
coverage and you could invite their editor or one of their journalists
in on a weekly basis to review the papers or highlight in more detail
some of the stories they are covering.

We are planning to do this with our local papers not only to ensure
friendly & regular coverage from them but also because we believe it is
something which will be a valuable service to our local community.

Hope this helps,

Shane

IUR-fm

  Fwd:

From: Phoenix FM

Hi Everyone

Just wondered if other stations have the same problem as we do, that our
local press will not feature us at all, unless we pay for it of course.
If many of you do have the same problem, which I think you might as our
local press is owned by Johnston Press who owns the majority of local
papers.

Is there anything that we can do as a group to combat this problem?

Thanks
Phoenix Radio
Halifax