[cma-l] Do you have a good relationship with your local press?

Tony Wilding tony33hill at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 12 13:04:01 BST 2007

Very negative really of your local press, we have always had a good
relationship with ours (at times their editor was part of our organisation,
which was a big plus.

I guess the best thing then is to make something newsworthy that they must
cover.  Be involved in fundraising for other community/charities events that
the paper normally covers.

Get involved at a local level with whats going on (school fetes etc), its
not essentially going to be about you, but you may get a mention if you push
the organisers etc. At least wear sweatshirts with the station logo, have
banners displayed etc (make sure they get in our photo shot) - get to know
the photographers (who may be freelancers and open to favours in return).

Here's an example of a project I made the imaging for:
http://www.bcpsonline.org.uk/BCPSOnAir/BCPSOnAirLaunchDay.html

Unfortunately the station director (HR) did not want us pictured as I had
used the studio facilties without permission (hence I now have my own
studio).

Kind Regards Tony