[cma-l] Community radio letter in the Guardian today!

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Mon Oct 1 16:59:43 BST 2007

Dear all

The CMA position is that there needs to be a significantly larger
Community MEDIA Fund, to support the whole of the sector, licensed and
unlicensed, radio, TV and new media throughout the UK!

So, we welcome the efforts in Wales that have led the Assembly to put up
some money for Welsh stations, would hope that the Scottish Parliament
will do the same, also in Northern Ireland.  In the meantime, we need to
keep on pushing those governing us at national, regional and local
levels to recognise the value of the work you all do and to fund it
appropriately (bearing in mind issues of "undue influence").

Best wishes

Jaqui

Acting Director
Community Media Association

CMA-L wrote:
> Fwd:
>
> From: "Alan Coote" <alan.coote at thebayradio.com>
>
> Andrew,
>
> I fully support the intent of your letter, however I make the observation
> that the central government's community radio  fund is intended to support
> all community radio stations across the UK. And while I don't want to appear
> nationalistic, I think that it is therefore a great shame that there is no
> ring-fenced fund specifically for English based community stations.
>
> I congratulate you on your the evident success.
>
> Alan Coote
> The Bay (Poole)

Jaqui Devereux

Acting Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities