[cma-l] Websites

Tony Wilding tonywilding at rugbyhospitalradio.org
Thu Nov 22 18:43:14 GMT 2007

Hi Ray,  updating the site yourself depends on if the designer has used any
form of cms. There are some available in asp (the coding used for your
site). Fullxml comes to mind  but only because its poor security. Things may
be different as it was 3 or 4 years ago I first saw this.

Dreamweaver is quite expensive, I would recommend
htmlpad pro:  http://www.blumentals.net/htmlpad/

Here is a site I am currently working on with htmlpad pro:
http://rugbyhospitalradio.org/35

There are numerous html editors in this price bracket (£15) or some for free
at http://download-ecke.de/nonags/htmledit.html make sure to obtain an
editor that will read asp.  To see the site changes you will need either to
upload to your webspace or use a server on your own PC as asp cannot be
rendered on your pc otherwise.

Setup a duplicate of the site for testing purposes!

hth.Kind regards tony