[webcast-l] Tax Justice Network June Podcast: Brexit and Kleptocracy

Naomi Fowler Naomi at taxjustice.net
Thu Jun 23 17:03:28 BST 2016

Dear Taxcasters, here's this month's Taxcast summary. Please feel free to share, tweet, repost etc. Thanks for listening! In next month's podcast I'll be interviewing the two journalists at the heart of the Panama Papers storm first contacted by 'John Doe' at the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung, so look out for that one! Very best wishes, Naomi

In the June 2016 Taxcast: how different could the lives of those in poverty have been without secrecy jurisdictions? We give you the very latest estimates on the missing trillions offshored from the world's developing regions. Also: Brexit and the special interests behind it: "Nakedly, brazenly, they're pushing the City of London's deregulated, criminal approach to finance". Plus, the Panama Papers shed some light on secretive, pro-tax haven US lobbying group the Center for Freedom and Prosperity's funders.

"the revelations from the Panama Papers have been sensational but an international investigation with some kind of subpoena power would I think be 10 times as important."

James Henry

Featuring: John Christensen of the Tax Justice Network, and Columbia University Professor, Economist, lawyer and Tax Justice Network senior advisor James Henry. Produced and presented by @Naomi_Fowler for the Tax Justice Network. This month's Taxcast blog post: http://www.taxjustice.net/2016/06/23/june-2016-podcast-brexit-quantifying-kleptocracy-panama-papers-tip-offshore-iceberg/

Youtube link:

https://youtu.be/P_7FZMiXh5k

[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/P_7FZMiXh5k/hqdefault.jpg]<https://youtu.be/P_7FZMiXh5k>

The Taxcast, Edition 54, June 2016<https://youtu.be/P_7FZMiXh5k>
youtu.be
How different could the lives of those in poverty have been without secrecy jurisdictions? We give you the very latest estimates on the missing trillions off...

Youtube embed link:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P_7FZMiXh5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direct download mp3 url: (for downloading and listening anytime offline)

http://traffic.libsyn.com/taxcast/Taxcast_June_16.mp3

Embed code (for reposting the mp3 online)

<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4464908/height/325/width/325/theme/legacy/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/no-cache/true/" height="325" width="325" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Other subscribe options: subscribe to our youtube channel<https://www.youtube.com/user/TackleTaxHavens> or get the Taxcast on our rss feed<http://taxcast.libsyn.com/rss>. Don't forget you can also also follow The Taxcast<https://twitter.com/TheTaxcast> and the Tax Justice Network<https://twitter.com/TaxJusticeNetwork> on twitter.

<http://traffic.libsyn.com/taxcast/Taxcast_April_16.mp3>

And...join us on facebook and get all our blogs straight into your feed https://www.facebook.com/TaxJusticeNetwork

Home websites: www.tackletaxhavens.com/taxcast<http://www.tackletaxhavens.com/taxcast> www.taxjustice.net/taxcast<http://www.taxjustice.net/taxcast>

Naomi Fowler