[webcast-l] The Tax Justice Network podcast is out! Scotland's role in the plunder of Moldova + more

Naomi Fowler naomi at taxjustice.net
Fri Jan 22 20:02:11 GMT 2016

Hello Taxcasters, I hope the first Tax Justice Network podcast of 2016
finds you well. Please find the details below for listening and sharing.
Best wishes,

Naomi Fowler

@Naomi_Fowler <https://twitter.com/Naomi_Fowler>

Taxcast Producer

Tax Justice Network

@TheTaxcast <https://twitter.com/TheTaxcast>

www.taxjustice.net/taxcast <http://www.taxjustice.net/taxcast>

www.tackletaxhavens.com/taxcast <http://www.tackletaxhavens.com/taxcast>

In the January 2016 Tax Justice Network podcast: What's Scotland got to
do with the plunder of Moldova? We take a look at the 'Wild West' of
Scottish Limited Partnerships. Also, we discuss the tensions in the EU;
is the net finally closing on multinational companies, the tax
minimisation deals they've been getting from various European countries
and the big four accountancy firms who advised them? Just how bad was
the sell off of one of Colombia's most profitable power generation
companies? What's former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair got to do with it?
And why's it been ignored outside Latin America? Also, we talk about the
MEP who's dragging the European Commission through the courts to get
access to papers they'd rather we didn't see. John Christensen will eat
his hat if they DON'T reveal what MEP Fabio De Masi suspects they will:
'systematic political backup for a tax avoidance cartel that costs
taxpayers in the EU hundreds of billions of dollars annually.'

/“when you hear Cameron claiming Britain's leading the world in tackling
corruption, it's beyond a joke.”/

Ian Fraser, finance journalist and writer

/“it is a bad look for the city of London and the UK, we are supposed to
be democratic and free of corruption and yet here we are
facilitating…you know, we are hosting some of the most egregious and
destabilizing corruption you could possibly imagine"/

Richard Smith, finance journalist and blogger

“/Europe has to change itself...If they want to prevent corrupt capital
to flow into the EU they can do this... and it looks like it's for the
benefit of the developed countries to receive proceeds of corruption
though they seem not to be corrupt themselves and I think it's not right.”/

Daria Kaleniuk, Anti-Corruption Action Centre in Ukraine

Featuring: The Tax Justice Network director John Christensen, Daria
Kaleniuk of the Anti-Corruption Action Centre in Ukraine, Finance
journalist and writer Ian Fraser, Richard Smith, finance journalist and
blogger at Naked Capitalism. Produced and presented by @Naomi_Fowler for
the Tax Justice Network. Also available on iTunes.

Youtube link:
https://youtu.be/u79VVl53dkc

The Taxcast as posted on the Tax Justice Network blog:
http://www.taxjustice.net/2016/01/22/the-january-2016-tax-justice-network-podcast/

Link for download on a mobile device to listen offline (right click and
'save as')

http://traffic.libsyn.com/taxcast/Taxcast_Jan_16.mp3

Embed codes for sharing via reposting on websites, first youtube, then
the mp3 code:

<iframe width="560" height="315"
src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u79VVl53dkc" frameborder="0"
allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe style="border: none"
src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4096299/height/325/width/325/theme/legacy/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/no-cache/true/"
height="325" width="325" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen
webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen
msallowfullscreen></iframe>