[webcast-l] Derivatives and offshore in latest Tax Justice Network podcast

naomi at taxjustice.net naomi at taxjustice.net
Wed Sep 23 15:14:39 BST 2015

Hello Taxcasters, please feel free to share, repost and tweet. All
details for listening and sharing are below. Thanks for listening!

In the September 2015 Tax Justice Network podcast:

The next financial crisis? We look at offshore and the trillion dollar
derivatives market. Plus: we discuss how Mexico's trying to force
multinational companies to pay more tax, why recent market madness
originating in China shows we need a Financial Transactions Tax more
than ever, and how the recent election by a landslide of UK opposition
leader Jeremy Corbyn is a game-changer.

"We've now entered what I think of as third wave of global financial shocks"
John Christensen

“We're talking about 100s of trillions of dollars-worth of notional
contracts outstanding which potentially pose very grave risks to
ultimate financial stability” Nick Shaxson

Featuring: John Christensen of the Tax Justice Network, US Senator
Sherrod Brown http://www.brown.senate.gov/ Lisa Donner of Americans
for Financial Reform http://ourfinancialsecurity.org/ and author of
Treasure Islands Nicholas Shaxson http://treasureislands.org/ Produced
and presented for @TaxJusticeNet by @Naomi_Fowler. You can follow
@TheTaxcast on Twitter and subscribe to our youtube channel here
https://www.youtube.com/user/TackleTaxHavens

Taxcast home sites: www.tackletaxhavens.com/taxcast and
www.taxjustice.net/taxcast

(Available in many different formats and platforms, including iTunes)

Youtube link: https://youtu.be/zs-iykrH9EM

Youtube link if you want to share by embedding on your website:

<iframe width="560" height="315"
src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zs-iykrH9EM" frameborder="0"
allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direct download url:

http://traffic.libsyn.com/taxcast/Taxcast_Sept_15.mp3

Mp3 embed code if you'd like to share this on your website:

<iframe style="border: none"
src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/3816975/height/325/width/325/theme/legacy/direction/no/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/" height="325" width="325" scrolling="no"  allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen
msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Best wishes,

Naomi Fowler

Taxcast Producer