[webcast-l] The Tax Justice Network November podcast

Naomi Fowler naomi at taxjustice.net
Sat Nov 21 20:03:41 GMT 2015

Hello Taxcasters, in the November 2015 Taxcast: Why is the City of
London losing so much business to New York, Hong Kong and Singapore? Our
conclusions are quite different from those of a British Bankers
Association report on the subject. Plus: the crazy UK-China nuclear
power station deal: a sweetener for closer ties between the two nation's
financial sectors? One year after #LuxLeaks exposed some of the secret
tax deals being done between government tax authorities and
multinational corporations we ask how many more 'illegal state aid'
deals might have been made? Plus we have a special focus on the results
of the latest Financial Secrecy Index 2015 released this month: we look
at the top ten worst offenders and ask what can be done about
them.Produced and presented by @Naomi_Fowler for the Tax Justice Network.

/"If the EU doesn't want the US to become the mega tax haven of the 21st
century it shouldstart taking serious action to bring the US back to the
negotiation table"/

~Markus Meinzer, Tax Justice Network.Link to his new book Tax Haven
Germany (in German)
http://www.taxjustice.net/2015/09/11/tax-haven-germany-new-tjn-book/

/“//It's easier to incorporate a shell company in the US than it is to
get a driver's licence or even a library card in many states”/

~Clark Gascoigne, FACT Coalition

/"I can only imagine what is driving it [the UK-China nuclear deal] is
this determination to put the City of London's interests ahead of all of
the UK's interests, including security interests."/

~John Christensen, Tax Justice Network

LISTEN HERE:

Youtube link:

https://youtu.be/Y08Xr2mC5n8

Download link to listen any time on your cell phone or tablet: (right
click and 'save as')

http://traffic.libsyn.com/taxcast/Taxcast_Nov_15.mp3

SHARE IT on your website:

youtube embed code:

<iframe width="420" height="315"
src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y08Xr2mC5n8" frameborder="0"
allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mp3 embed code:

<iframe style="border: none"
src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/3966677/height/325/width/325/theme/legacy/direction/no/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/"
height="325" width="325" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen
webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen
msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Taxcast home sites: www.tackletaxhavens.com/taxcast and
www.taxjustice.net/taxcast

you can subscribe to the Taxcast here: rss feed
http://taxcast.libsyn.com/rss or via our Tax Justice TV youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/TackleTaxHavens

Naomi Fowler

@Naomi_Fowler <https://twitter.com/Naomi_Fowler>