[webcast-l] The Greek Crisis and oxi on the Tax Justice Network podcast

naomi at taxjustice.net naomi at taxjustice.net
Sun Jul 19 20:16:16 BST 2015

Hello Taxcasters, please feel free to share, repost and tweet. Best
wishes, Naomi Fowler

In the July 2015 Taxcast: in a special extended programme we look at
the crisis in Greece and ask whatever happened to European unity?
Also: we discuss the European Parliament’s vote for multinational
corporations to report their activities on a public, country by
country basis: the push to give poorer nations a say in international
tax rule-making fails after three days of three days of bullying in
Addis Ababa BUT Tax Inspectors Without Borders gets the green light.
Plus more scandal and unique analysis.

“They don’t care about the conditions in the country, they don’t care
about people, they don’t care about macro economic data you bring
them, they don’t care about all these things. All they want is
to get
money back, and they can get the money back only if they lend more
money. So Greece pays. Greece cannot even get caught up with the
interest rates. It’s usury what’s happening, it’s total usury.”

Professor of International Politics and Economics from the University
of East London, Vassilis Fouskas

Featuring: Produced and presented by @Naomi_Fowler for the
@TaxJusticeNet and featuring John Christensen on the Tax Justice
Network, Professor of International Politics and Economics from the
University of East London, Vassilis Fouskas, @VassilisKFouska,
investigative journalist, economist, lawyer and Tax Justice Network
senior advisor James Henry @submergingmkt

Taxcast home sites: www.tackletaxhavens.com/taxcast and
www.taxjustice.net/taxcast

You can share and embed from youtube: