[webcast-l] The Tax Justice Network podcast: the secret world of wealth managers

Naomi Fowler naomi at taxjustice.net
Tue Dec 15 22:46:22 GMT 2015

Hello Taxcasters! Please find the details of the latest Taxcast below
and the links for listening and sharing. Wishing you all a peaceful end
to your year and hope for a tax justice filled 2016. Naomi Fowler

*In the December 2015 Tax Justice Network podcast:* We get some insights
into the usually closed world of the wealth managers who serve the super
rich. Also: on a par with Kissinger being awarded the Nobel Peace prize?
We discuss the British Banker's Association getting one of their own
into the UK government Treasury, why Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg's $35
billion 'charity' pledge isn't what it seems, and the anonymous survey
of accountants that reveals corruption is rife and the self-regulating
profession can no longer be trusted.

Featuring: The Tax Justice Network director John Christensen, Associate
Professor of Copenhagen Business School, Brooke Harrington. Produced and
presented by @Naomi_Fowler for the Tax Justice Network. Also available
on iTunes.

/"tax avoidance was really only the tip of the iceberg....really what
Wealth Managers do extends much more generally to law avoidance in
general and that creates problems of legitimacy for whole governments"/
Brooke Harrington

/[In accountancy] "we now have a level of professional integrity that is
virtually non-existent...societies now need to protect themselves"/
John Christensen

Listen and share from our Tax Justice TV youtube channel (remember you
can subscribe there too)https://youtu.be/XypOw8xpG_I
<https://youtu.be/XypOw8xpG_I>

Download link for listening any time offline (right click and save
target as)http://traffic.libsyn.com/taxcast/Taxcast_Dec_15.mp3
<http://traffic.libsyn.com/taxcast/Taxcast_Dec_15.mp3>

The Taxcast home websites: www.tackletaxhavens.com/taxcast and
www.taxjustice.net/taxcast
Link to the Tax Justice Network December Taxcast blog post:
http://www.taxjustice.net/2015/12/15/the-tax-justice-networks-december-2015-podcast/

Mp3 embed code for reposting: <iframe style="border: none"
src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4018662/height/325/width/325/theme/legacy/direction/no/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/"
height="325" width="325" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen
webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen
msallowfullscreen></iframe>

@Naomi_Fowler <https://twitter.com/Naomi_Fowler>
Taxcast Producer
Tax Justice Network