[webcast-l] The Tax Justice Network's April Podcast is out

naomi at taxjustice.net naomi at taxjustice.net
Fri Apr 24 00:44:15 BST 2015

Hello Taxcasters! Please find the lastest Taxcast details below. Best wishes.

In the April 2015 Taxcast: How fair are our tax systems towards women?
Plus: one of the USA's biggest corporations (and tax avoiders) is
repatriating billions from offshore and re-focusing on good old
manufacturing again; and remember how the UK Prime Minister was
'leading the world' in transparency measures not so long ago? We
discuss the letter a former Cayman Islands lobbyist and Conservative
peer wrote at the time to reassure the tax haven that it was an empty
gesture to distract from the proposed Financial Transaction Tax.

“Tax should be a source of our well being, of our development, of our
future...but you have to work on these systems, on owning the systems
and changing them and making them work for our present improvement of
our lives and the future that we want.'

Mae Buenaventura, Jubilee South in the Philippines

Featuring: John Christensen of the Tax Justice Network, Feminist
economist Professor Susan Himmelweit of the Women's Budget Group, Mae
Buenaventura of Jubilee South in the Philippines, Steven Nelms (Ezra's
dad). Produced for the Tax Justice Network by @Naomi_Fowler

Youtube link: http://youtu.be/kOhNIKfCjkM

Download link to listen offline anytime (right click and 'save as')
http://traffic.libsyn.com/taxcast/Taxcast_April_15.mp3

Embed code for sharing, reposting: youtube embed code and mp3 embed codes:

<iframe style="border: none"
src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/3511083/height/325/width/325/theme/legacy/direction/no/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/" height="325" width="325" scrolling="no"  allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen
msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Naomi Fowler

Taxcast Producer
@Naomi_Fowler