[webcast-l] The Tax Justice Network podcast is out!

naomi at taxjustice.net naomi at taxjustice.net
Wed Feb 19 20:38:23 GMT 2014

Hello, the February Taxcast is out! All details for listening,
downloading, reposting and embedding etc are below. Please note the
Taxcast is also available on youtube for even easier
embedding/sharing. Feel free to spread it widely!

Best wishes,

Naomi Fowler

Taxcast Producer
@Naomi_Fowler
www.tackletaxhavens.com/taxcast
www.taxjustice.net/taxcast

In the February 2014 Taxcast: Are European tax havens getting 'illegal
state subsidies'? The European Union's Competition Commissioner thinks
so. Are the world's tax havens really going to become more
transparent? We analyse the OECD's automatic information exchange
proposal, warts and all. And, the tax haven of the Bahamas is broke –
the government's solution? Tax the poor! We look at the Bahamian
campaign against a Value Added Tax and their demands for a freedom of
information act.

'We ask ourselves the question as the every day citizens of this
country – how is it that these corporations are making so much money
but at the same time getting so much concessions and then on top of
that not paying their share?' Deran Thompson of Citizens for a Better
Bahamas

Featuring Nick Shaxson of the Tax Justice Network and author of the
book 'Treasure Islands', tax justice campaigner Richard Murphy, Deran
Thompson of www.citizensforabetterbahamas.org, concerned Bahamian
Scott Griffin and protest track 'No VAT Tax' by Mr J. (Full video and
track available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh9nVG5QFu8 )

Youtube link: http://youtu.be/NpUKByYTKwk

Embed code: <iframe style="border: none"
src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/2691224/height/325/width/325/theme/legacy/direction/no/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/" height="325" width="325" scrolling="no"  allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen
msallowfullscreen></iframe>

url: http://traffic.libsyn.com/taxcast/Taxcast_Feb_14.mp3