[webcast-l] Open Day at The Hillz Community Radio Station July 7th

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Mon Jul 2 10:04:58 BST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: "Peni Whelan - The Hillz Radio" <peni at thehillz.net>

Dear Colleague

Thank you  for your continued support and interest in the Hillz Radio station.

The station is in a period transition at present as Daniel Finnan
hands over the day-to-day duties of the station to Peni Whelan.  Dan
will not be leaving us but extending our multilingual activities with
the LARA Project.

Our work with the young people of Coventry continues to expand, as
demand for support far outstrips hours in the day. We are still
offering an OCN qualification in radio broadcasting which has proved
so successful that we are running another 28 day live broadcast from
1st August - 28th August 2007.

After much discussion by the young people and other stakeholders, it
has been decided that the time is now right to make a concerted effort
to obtain a full time community license. For this to become a reality
it needs the support and participation of all sections of the
community not just young people.

We are now seeking to establish a management committee and a young
people's steering group, drawn from people who live or work in the
local area; and supported by the introduction of a volunteers training
programme.

To give you a taste of the progress that has been made and the
enthusiasm for the station we would like to invite you to:

Hillz Radio Open Day
12 pm - 4pm
on Saturday 7th July 2007
10-12 Victoria Street, Hillfields, Coventry

The Hillz Radio Team will be on hand to answer any questions you have
and they will be pleased to give you a tour of the studio and
facilities; however, we must warn you that - as we run a live webcam
from the studio, under 16's will need to have a photo release form
completed by a parent or guardian. If you require photo release forms
or any other information please contact Peni Whelan.

--
Peni Whelan
Community Radio Development Officer

12 Victoria Street
Hillfields
Coventry
CV1 5LZ

Tel: 02476 550564
Fax: 02476 229423
Skype: thehillzradio
Email: info at thehillz.net
Web: www.thehillz.net

Working Actively To Change Hillfields Limited is a company limited by
guarantee, registered in England and Wales at 12 Victoria Street,
Hillfields, Coventry, CV1 5LZ, with company number 3548462, and
charity number 1112123.