[webcast-l] Internet radio dealt severe blow as Copyright Board rejects appeal

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Wed Apr 18 17:53:34 BST 2007

Fwd:

Subject: Internet radio dealt severe blow as Copyright Board rejects appeal
From: Karl Hartland <karl at 209radio.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:17:55 +0100

Things seem not-so-good for US netcasters all of a sudden.....

What might this mean for Europe and the UK, in the long run? For the US
it means non-profit/grassroots net broadcasters being financially
punished for being successful/good at what they do...oh yes, that'll be
providing an alternative to the mainstream maybe?

Karl Hartland
Director 209radio

Citylife House
Sturton Street