[webcast-l] podcasting question

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Tue Jul 18 11:05:21 BST 2006

Hi Mick

Mick Fuzz wrote:
> http://wiki.commedia.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Podcasting_in_3_easy_steps
>
> That is a really useful link,

Thanks Mick!  :o)

> the same technique would work with video podcasting i imagine.

I should think so - I can't see why not.

> The RSS editor
> application seems a really good solution for a lot of
> people already uploading their video online, with out
> them having to change their system

Yes, the feed editor - http://www.rss-info.com/en_rsseditor.html - is a
full featured application that is free to install and runs on Windows
which most people seem to use.

[...]

> Bill, I've been working on a new space for
> documentation,
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Video
>
> This was adopted as a place to put documentation at a
> gathering of video on the internet projects called
> transmission which met in Rome in June. There is more
> information on the website. http://transmission.cc

These are both two really good links.  I have added them to our new
"knowledge space" on del.icio.us:

http://del.icio.us/cma_webcast

List subscribers are invited to browse the above list of bookmarked
URL's and to send us relevant links for inclusion in the del.icio.us
knowledge space - the more people who contribute the better it will be!

> It would be great if we could help each other out in
> creating more complete documentation!

Yes, indeed  :o)

Cool - I've bookmarked it in http://del.icio.us/cma_webcast

> There is only one developer, me. And I'm very happy to
> work with groups who want to use it, but i would
> suggest that they have someone that is proficient at
> php to adapt the code if necessary.

Ok.

> The advantages are mainly that it creates a web page
> presentation of your work, and a video podcast, and
> it's easy to follow the upload instructions, and you
> can upload either through html forms or via ftp.

Sounds good.

> It is also easy to customise the video page of the
> partner so that it blends into a partners website.
> That is what we are planning to do the with the
> Community Arts North West website. So viewers to that
> site don't even know they are visiting another
> webspace when they are looking at the Video page on
> ourvideo.

That's an essential feature.

> Mid term, it makes sense to try to incorporate these
> features into another established CMS. My favourite at
> the moment is drupal.

Yes, Drupal is really cool.

> I would be very interested if other groups would be
> interested in collaborating on that project.

I'm sure there will, time and funding permitting.

> In London in October, there is going to be a follow up
> event to the Transmission Event in Rome, called
> re:transmission. I'll definitely keep people on this
> list posted about that.

Thanks for your emails, Mick, and keep us posted!

Bill