[webcast-l] The Hillz Radio Update

Daniel Finnan dan at thehillz.net
Fri Apr 7 16:51:26 BST 2006

Hello from The Hillz Radio,

We'd like to update you on our community radio station, let you know
when we are broadcasting, how you can get involved and what training
we can offer.

We are currently broadcasting live across the internet –
www.thehillz.net. Our live shows are recorded on Thursday and Friday
and repeated all week. You can also check out exclusive archives on
the website if you miss the live show. You can access our audio in
either MP3 or RealPlayer format. Our current schedule includes: -

Thursday
10-11 Philip King's Miscellaneous Mix - country, jazz, dance & his own
compositions, the greatest miscellaneous mix.
11-12 James Young – Making Life Work – music, chat and discussion
about morality and issues facing us in life today.
12 -1 Community Lunch with Dan Finnan – a selection of music including
indie, garage, house, reggae and unsigned artists plus interviews,
chat and news.
1-2 Red Paw & Random Andy – a club selection of techno, trance, house & D'n'B
2-3 The SessOn – DJ Grinder & DJ Anogrinder – the best in R'n'B, hip
hop and garage
3-5 DJ Lionheart – Urban Accessory – a mean mix of dancehall, garage and R'n'B
5-6 Open Mic Sessions – a chance for artists and performers to
showcase their talent

Friday
10-12 DJ Phil – African Beat & The Total Gospel Show – fantastic
traditional African music and gospel.
12-1 DJ Lionheart – Magazine Show – dancehall, garage and R'n'B plus
news, chat and information.
1-2 Frenchie – Reggae, garage and dancehall.
2-3 CV2 Family & Urban Troopers – New age D'n'B from Coventry's finest
D'n'B DJs.
3-4 Mr Lee – playing the best reggae, hip hop and R'n'B.

If you want to get involved in our community radio station you can:-
Showcase your news and information through our Community Lunch show
(Thursday 12-1)
Undertake a radio taster course and practice your radio skills
(Initial taster lasting 1 hour).
Complete OCN (Open College Network) accreditation to Level 1 – a six
week course covering the basics of radio and presentation.

We will be broadcasting on FM from the 19th June – 16th July 2006
(subject to licensing). If you'd like to get yourself on the airwaves
across Coventry – get involved now. We plan to make this broadcast the
best yet and we need you support and involvement to make The Hillz
Radio even better.

If you want find out about training, promote your information/news on
one of our shows or find out more contact Dan, Angela or Gino on 02476
550564, drop us an email info at thehillz.net or pop into our centre 12
Victoria Street, Hillfields, Coventry, CV1 5LZ.

Best Wishes,

Daniel Finnan AKA Dan The Radio Man!
--
Community Radio Development Officer