[webcast-l] Oddcast 3 and its associated coolness...

209radio themachine at 209radio.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 13:23:01 GMT 2005

Hello all, please forgive me if I'm preaching to the converted but....

I come with knowledge for Oddcast streaming in Ogg Vorbis.

If you are streaming in ogg and using a separate program for streaming
MP3 or other codecs simultaneously (we were using a Stream Transcoder
which sends a piggyback MP3 stream to your icecast2 server on another
mountpoint) then upgrading to Oddcast 3 is a good move.

Oddcast now includes the option to stream in multiple codecs from the
same interface, allows you to switch between line-in live recording and
hard-disk playback with no stream interruptions, and the VU is now nice
and accurate.

The help and configuration package is really good too, talking you
through what needs to be done with good explanatory screenshots.

I'm not too up for splurging loads of jargon/instructions here but if
anybody would like help/information with regard to this then don't
hesitate to contact me

get it here:

http://www.oddsock.org/tools/

Karl Hartland