[webcast-l] Helix Player and RealPlayer 10 Released

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Tue Aug 3 20:06:02 BST 2004

RealNetworks say:

"The RealPlayer 10 for Linux and its underlying 100% open source Helix
Player are now both finalized. The RealPlayer 10 for Linux
(http://www.real.com/linux) has many new features including a Mozilla
plug-in, so you can now enjoy all those embedded media clips, as well as
the latest RealAudio 10, RealVideo 10, MP3, Flash, and Ogg Vorbis and
Theora support.

The Helix Player (https://player.helixcommunity.org/2004/downloads) is
100% open source, (now including the GPL!) and includes support for SMIL
2.0 and open source codecs Ogg Vorbis and Theora. Our goal is to make
the Linux desktop a first class citizen and we think today's releases
are a good first step in that direction."