[comtv-l] Grierson: Sheffield Youth Jury Competition

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri May 16 18:40:11 BST 2008

Fwd:

Tell it like it is: the search for tomorrows documentary voices

4Talent search for the Grierson: Sheffield Youth Jury

Aged between 16 and 21? Go on, let it all out. Tell us what you think
makes a good documentary.

How you would create a film that changes the way others see the world
around them. Like Smalltown Boy for example: a finalist at Sheffield
Doc/Fest 2007. The story of fifteen year old David who, fed up with
being shunned for his sexuality, plans to show everyone that he is
proud of who he is. So he becomes the first male carnival queen in his
village.

Now we want young people to have a bigger voice in documentary making,
and thats why we want you to be part of the Youth Jury at the festival
this year where you can select the winner of the Grierson: Sheffield
Youth Jury Award. But there is more to it than that. If you win one of
the 12 places, you will spend a week at the Channel 4 Hothouse,
learning the ins and outs of the documentary making world. You do not
need any experience, but you must have the confidence to stand up and
make your voice heard.. so start shouting.

Find out more at channel4.com/4careers quoting reference 4T SDF.

Closing date: 26 May 2008