[comtv-l] [cma-l] Fwd: TAYSIDE & FIFE LOCAL TV GROUP CALLS ON OFCOM TO BACK LOCAL TV IN SCOTLAND

Peter Reid petersr001 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 27 16:29:33 BST 2008

Hello.

Re: "... it is vital the UK regulator responds to public demands for local TV ..."

I recently carried out a small survey into public interest in LCTV myself.  Though it was just a relatively small sample, the response was overwhelmingly positive and gave a valuable snapshot of public opinion.  No surprise there then.

Has anyone within the sector considered producing our own opinion polling?  I have no doubt there is greater public interest than Ofcom will admit, once the idea is introduced to people.

A decent poll would be a very persuasive, and potentially dramatic weapon with which to counter their indifference and their highly questionable interpretations and methods of their own research.

It would also be a useful tool for all those supporters in Parliament and elsewhere.

If anybody out there has access to the wherewithal to carry out or commission a poll I would suggest it could be money well spent and would urge haste.

All best,

Peter.