[CMA TV] Fwd: THE CHANNEL 4 & ITN ARCHIVE COMPETITION - OPEN NOW!

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Fri Mar 24 15:46:13 GMT 2006

Fwd:

Subject: THE CHANNEL 4 & ITN ARCHIVE COMPETITION - OPEN NOW!

ITN Archive <http://www.itnarchive.com>

THE CHANNEL 4 & ITN ARCHIVE COMPETITION - OPEN NOW!

Channel 4 & ITN Archive have teamed up with BRITDOC 06, the UK's new
feature documentary festival, to create an exciting competition for
emerging filmmakers. The four successful applicants will make a short
documentary based on footage from ITN's archive - the best will be
broadcast in Channel 4's 3 Minute Wonder strand.

ITN is offering free use of its amazing archive, which contains over
700,000 hours of footage dating back from 1896 to the present day. All
entrants need to do is prepare a pitch for a 3 minute documentary and
submit it at http://www.britdoc.org/. The four best ideas will be
commissioned by Channel 4 and broadcast in its 3 Minute Wonder slot. The
filmmakers will also receive a special free invitation to the first
BRITDOC festival (26-28 July) where their films will be  screened.

Peter Dale, Head of More4, said: "Nurturing and encouraging new talent
is vital if we want Britain to continue to be the home of the brightest
documentary talent, and this competition is a fantastic way of
encouraging new filmmakers to get their films on air. The ITN archive
provides a wonderful source of inspiration and I look forward to seeing
some exciting and fresh ideas."

All the details are at http://www.britdoc.org/ - so
log on and get your entry in!