[CMA TV] Fwd: Channel 4 & ITN Archive Competition - open now!

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Wed Mar 8 21:36:37 GMT 2006

Fwd:

Dear Shooters

Our friends at the Channel 4 British Documentary Film Foundation have
teamed up with Channel 4 and ITN Archive to create an exciting new
competition for emerging filmmakers to make a short doc based on
footage from ITN's archive. The four best pitches will be commissioned
by Channel 4 and broadcast in the 3 Minute Wonder slot and the
filmmakers will also receive a special free invitation to the
foundation's first BRITDOC festival (26-28 July) where their films
will be screened.

ITN is offering free use of its amazing archive, which contains over
700,000 hours of footage dating back from 1896 to the present day.
Full competition details are on http://www.britdoc.org  - to enter,
all you need to prepare a pitch for a 3-minute documentary according
to the competition guidelines.

Peter Dale, Head of More4, said: "Nurturing and encouraging new talent
is vital if we want Britain to continue to be the home of the
brightest documentary talent, and this competition is a fantastic way
of encouraging new filmmakers to get their films on air.  The ITN
archive provides a wonderful source of inspiration and I look forward
to seeing some exciting
and fresh ideas."

So visit http://www.britdoc.org  and get your entries in - deadline 7
April 2006.