[CMA TV] 2SHOTS FESTIVAL – 14th JULY

Michelle McGuire michelle at commedia.org.uk
Mon Jul 10 14:42:59 BST 2006

Forwarded From: Rob Speranza <rob at syfn.org.uk>

--

2SHOTS FESTIVAL – 14th JULY

The South Yorkshire Filmmakers Network celebrates its 2nd year
anniversary on the 14th of July and to commemorate this we are
holding a one-day event – the 2SHOTS FESTIVAL!

If you are involved in film and media, whatever the level, then we
invite you to join us in Sheffield for a day filled with
competitions, screenings, NETWORKING, guest speakers, live music and
A GREAT TIME FOR ALL!

The day kicks off at 11 am with opening talks and networking, moving
on to the Showroom Cinema for two screenings: the 2Minute Film
Competition and the submissions for the 24 Hour Film Challenge. Some
great prizes will be won here (including a DVD player and sound
system and guaranteed entry to the INDIE SHORTS festival)!

Next is a film-themed Scavenger Hunt that will take place around
Sheffield with a wide selection of prizes to be won!

Our main event will take place in the early evening featuring food,
drinks, guest speakers, networking and awards. The evening will
feature key talks by Screen Yorkshire, Warp X, Fear Factory Films,
MELT and SYFN. You won’t want to miss this – we want to uncover the
film industry and filmmaking opportunities that are alive in South
Yorkshire – and get the knowledge and info to YOU!

The Showroom Cinema will host the last of the day’s screening: Yo!
Cinema - a showcase of local films and local talent.  Then the day
will end at the Plug nightclub for live music from Avangaad and one
other band, drinks and general merriment.

Join us for this exciting day and celebrate the South Yorkshire
Filmmakers Network 2nd year anniversary on the 14th of July!

For all information on the 2Shots Festival regarding costs,
submissions or to take part in the 24Hour Film Challenge contact Rob
Speranza at rob at syfn.org.uk or call us on 0114 276 2400 and visit our
website for updates.
www.syfn.org.uk

Michelle McGuire
Editor, Airflash Magazine
http://www.commedia.org.uk

http://www.commedia.org.uk

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield S1 2BX
UK
Tel. + 44 (0) 114 279 5219

"Access to the media for people and communities"