[CMA TV] Solent TV on Sky News

Michelle McGuire michelle at commedia.org.uk
Wed Sep 14 10:54:31 BST 2005

Forwarded from: Solent TV - http://www.solent.tv

--

September is here and Solent TV moves closer to making broadcast
history by becoming the first local TV station to move to the SKY
platform. This means that anyone with a SKY box on the Isle of Wight,
UK or Europe will be able to watch Solent TV’s programmes free to air.

After months of hard work by the Solent TV team, we have just
concluded meetings with SKY who have now confirmed that everything is
in place to join the queue of stations ready to launch. Early
indications would now suggest that this date will be around early
spring 2006.

The first stage of testing and the installation of equipment to
enable Solent TV’s move to SKY started last week with testing uplinks
and outside broadcast (OB) facilities.

We captured the ‘Solent Tonight’ team getting their first chance to
test the new satellite uplink OB resource. The 'Sat Truck' will allow
us to send live pictures back from almost any location, ensuring that
Solent TV will be putting you in the picture first every time.

Solent TV's SNG 'Sat Truck' means that Isle of Wight events can now
be promoted and broadcast live across the UK*.

--
Michelle McGuire
Editor, Airflash Magazine

Community Media Association
http://www.commedia.org.uk

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield S1 2BX
UK
Tel. + 44 (0) 114 279 5219

"Access to the media for people and communities"