[Community Television] Golden Beggar Festival 2005 Kosice,Slovakia

Michael Conn michael.conn at commedia.org.uk
Fri Apr 1 16:08:40 BST 2005

Message forwarded from vanda at festival.sk
----

*GOLDEN BEGGAR FESTIVAL OF LOCAL TV BROADCASTERS*

June 8th –11th 2005, Košice, Slovakia

We are pleased to inform you that this year the 11th year of the
International Festival of Local TV Broadcasters “Golden Beggar” will
take place in Košice, Slovakia. The festival is organized by the City TV
Foundation and it will be held from June 8th to 11th 2005.

During the past ten years Košice has become an informal but highly
recognised centre of the European local broadcasters. We are happy that
in the huge amount of commercial televisions the local broadcasters
never stopped to concentrate on human destiny, people's needs and
authentic interests. Our programs from the previous years are good
example of this.

We encourage you to enter your programs into the Golden Beggar
competition. We expect entries that reflect the life and fates of people
living in your place. We also welcome works that discover serious
problems of the present society like corruption, blackmailing, minority
and cross-border problems and children fates. The deadline for programs
to reach us in Košice is 15th May, 2005.

You are also welcome to take part in the festival as a delegate. The
deadline for registration as a delegate is May 20th 2005.

To register your programme go to
http://www.festival.sk/?akcia=program_form , and to register yourself as
a delegate go to http://www.festival.sk/?akcia=delegate_form  or visit
www.festival.sk.

Please spread this message to all the people who might be interested in
our festival.

We are looking forward to meeting you in Košice in June.

Festival organizers

City TV Foundation
Hutnícka 1
040 01 Košice