[tv-rsl-l] FW: Steve Coogan in the Interference Film Special

Michelle McGuire michelle at commedia.org.uk
Thu Jan 24 17:21:12 GMT 2002

Forwarded From: W.McCoid at salford.ac.uk

----------

Adelphi Building, Peru Street, Salford, Manchester M3 6EQ
Ph: 0161 295 6050/6215 e-mail: w.mccoid at salford.ac.uk

UNIVERSITY OF SALFORD, CHANNEL M

PRESS RELEASE

STEVE COOGAN

INTERFERENCE FILM SPECIAL

Steve Coogan, one of Britain's top funnymen, appears in the Interference
film special (Channel M, Wednesday 30 January and Thursday 31 January).
Coogan is interviewed on the set of 24 Hour Party People. The film behind
the making of the film is made by, Salford University student and
Interference director, Anoush Soukasian.
The film also speaks to the director of 24 Hour Party People and shows
exclusive footage from behind the scenes including the life-like replica of
the Hacienda built for the film.
Says Anoush, "We were lucky to get Steve. He certainly gives a very
revealing interview."
In the Interference Film Special three student films are premiered.
'Honeymoon'written, produced and directed by final year student Ed Beese,
was mainly shot on location at a disused railway station. "What starts as a
romance turns into the honeymoon from hell. I won't say too much but let's
just say I'm a great fan of schlock horror," explains Ed.
Certainly, by the end of the film, supplies of fake blood were running low.
One of the main props in the movie is a chain saw in full working order.
Also included is a first year short entitled 'Monday Mourning'. A film with
a chilling ending, its theme couldn't be more pertinent to our times."
This is the first ever Interference BATAR Flm Special. Every film was made
by students on the BATAR course at University of Salford (B.A Television
and Radio).

Interference is the art and entertainment programme made at University of
Salford, by staff and students, for Channel M.

ENDS