[comradio-l] Right to Rent podcast - download

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Feb 20 14:52:21 GMT 2017

*From:* Jessie Lawson [mailto:jessgjl at gmail.com]

Hi

Thank you very much for your interest. We'd love this podcast to reach as
many people as possible:

We’ve now uploaded the podcast to Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/user-195331826/right-to-rent-podcast

It was made for the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (
www.JCWI.org.uk <http://www.jcwi.org.uk/>) and was released online on
Monday 13th February, in tandem with JCWI publishing its independent report
into discrimination caused by the 'right to rent' scheme.

'Right to rent' is a policy that was introduced last year requiring
landlords to check the immigration status of tenants before renting to
them. JCWI’s research has uncovered various forms of discrimination as a
result of the scheme, including landlords who are less likely to accept
tenants without a British passport, and instances of racial discrimination
where a tenant cannot show a passport.

Alongside the online release, we're looking for UK-based radio stations
that would be interested in broadcasting the podcast. It's 7 minutes long -
it provides a brief explanation of the 'right to rent' scheme, highlights
the discrimination it has caused, and shares stories of tenants who have
been discriminated against, and landlords who disagree with the scheme.

Do you think this is something that could work on some of your radio
stations?

Thank you very much for your help and advice,

Jessie (jessgjl at gmail.com)

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video