[comradio-l] Future Radio boss Terry Lee says goodbye to Norwich - and hello to Luton

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Mar 21 13:31:25 GMT 2014

*Source: Marco Bell Thursday, March 20, 2014, Norwich Evening News 24*

A popular local radio presenter and manager has left his role at Future
Radio in Norwich after seven years with the station.

Terry Lee, station manager since 2011, was part of the team which helped
launch the station in August 2007 and went on to become an established
voice on air.

Speaking of the station’s early days, he said: “I was presenting the
Breakfast Show on a full-time basis and so many people were texting and
emailing in to the station, keeping me company in the mornings.

“It was brilliant how quickly listeners embraced the show. Over the years I
got to meet hundreds of the listeners, always lovely, and obviously with
great taste in music”.

Future Radio is one of most successful community stations in the UK, with
42,000 listeners tuning in monthly, and Daniel Childerhouse, chief
executive at Future Projects, says Mr Lee has played a large role in this
success: “Terry was an integral part of the station’s rise to prominence
and leaves behind a leading community radio station which continues to
broadcast outstanding local programming to the residents of Norwich and
beyond”.

Mr Lee was also instrumental in expanding the station’s work with the
Norfolk community. He organised and hosted various Next Big Thing events,
showcasing local bands, and in 2009 embarked on a ‘marathon broadcast’
which stayed on air for 27 consecutive hours.

He worked closely with Refugee Week and Black History Month to help promote
their activities and earlier this year trained locals to be community
reporters on a project named ‘Represent Radio’.

Mr Lee added: “It has been an eventful period of my life, a time I won’t
forget in a hurry. Future Radio will always be special to me for many
reasons, but one specific reason was that it introduced me to my wife.
Nellie and I met as a result of her listening to my Breakfast show in 2008,
and now we have a one-year-old daughter, Primrose. They both sat in with me
on my final Future Radio programme last week, a very sad occasion”.

Mr Lee is moving on to work with ‘Radio LaB’ at the University of
Bedfordshire.
http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/future_radio_boss_terry_lee_says_goodbye_to_norwich_1_3458557

\\

Good luck Terry from all in the CMA office, from CMA Council, and all CMA
members!

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video
http://www.canstream.co.uk/