[comradio-l] Cycle of Sound - A community radio sound-art project linked to Le Tour de France’s Grand Départ in Yorkshire

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Jul 1 18:22:37 BST 2014

Heads Together Productions are looking for community radio stations
interested in being broadcast partners in the run-up to Le Tour this
weekend…

*Background information*

Heads Together Productions <http://www.headstogether.org/> was awarded one
of the Community Media Association commissions under the Modulate 2014
<http://arts.commedia.org.uk/news/modulate-array-broadcast/> programme to
create collaborative sound art linking three young writers with three sound
artists/designers. Heads Together runs two internet-based community radio
stations—East Leeds FM <http://www.elfm.co.uk/> and Two Valleys Radio
<http://www.twovalleysradio.co.uk/>. As Le Tour is leaving from Leeds
on *Saturday
5th July* and heads down one of the Two Valleys (the Holme Valley) on
Sunday 6th—it seemed an obvious theme.

*Three pairs of cycling shorts*

The writers/artists decided to work in pairs with three different takes on
Yorkshire and Le Tour. The three short pieces are available to preview by
download - see link below.

Apart from broadcasting on our own stations, we have had a lot of interest
from other community radio stations who are interesting in using one or all
of the shorts; either in full or we can supply clips so that people can
then be directed to listen to the full pieces online.

Phone interviews with the sound artists/writers can also be arranged if you
would like to make a full feature about the work and about the impact of Le
Tour to communities in Yorkshire.

*For more information contact Adrian Sinclair adrian at headstogether.org
<adrian at headstogether.org> (tel:07973 172433*)

You can download the three cycling shorts at: http://we.tl/FHUSsLNltt