[comradio-l] Hot News - Community radio station The Bay 102.8FM and BBC Solent team up for football Commentary

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Thu Mar 24 11:31:42 GMT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Alan Coote" <alan.coote at thebayradio.com>

Community Radio Station The Bay 102.8FM kicks off Poole Town FC
coverage in unique tie-up with BBC Radio Solent

See full story here;

http://www.seekernews.co.uk/2011/03/bay-radio-kicks-off-poole-town-coverage-in-unique-tie-up-with-bbc/

+++++++++

PRESS RELEASE – THE BAY 102.8
Word count: 326

Bay Radio kicks off Poole Town coverage in unique tie-up with BBC

Two of the most important matches in Poole Town football club’s
history will be broadcast live on local community radio station The
Bay 102.8 thanks to a unique tie-up with BBC Radio Solent.

Fans will be able to hear Radio Solent’s live commentary together with
live match analysis by reporters from The Bay 102.8 of both the FA
Vase Semi-final against Whitley Bay at Tatnam Park, Poole on March 26
and the second-leg game at Whitley Bay on April 2.

“If Poole Town wins the two matches on aggregate we will be playing in
the finals at Wembley,”  said Poole Town’s Commercial Director Mark
Bumford. “These are the biggest matches in the recent history of the
club.

“We’ve had great support from Bay 102.8 for the last two seasons and
it’s absolutely fantastic that they are providing live commentary on
these important games with the co-operation of BBC Radio Solent.”

Alan Coote, Managing Director of The Bay 102.8, said: “We are very
excited about this tie-up. The commentary will be provided by a unique
collaboration between The Bay 102.8 and BBC Radio Solent.  The Bay
102.8 team at the ground will provide additional analysis on the
matches.

“It’s almost unheard of for an independent station to work with the
BBC and use their fantastic resources,” added Mr Coote. “Our audience
will hear the BBC’s excellent live commentary on the games while our
team will provide pre-match, half-time and post-match analysis. We are
really pleased to be working with the BBC.”

The upcoming games may remind many older fans of the days when Poole
Town, established in 1880, not only reached the third round of the FA
Cup but staged memorable clashes against Manchester United, Watford,
Newport County and Queens Park Rangers.

“We have two big weekends ahead of us and tip-top live radio coverage
of both thanks to Bay 102.8 and BBC Radio Solent,” said Mr Bumford.

END

PHOTO CAPTION: Alan Coote of The Bay 102.8 warms up for the football

For more information please contact
Steve Cook of Seeker News & Photo
01202 779604
steve at seekerphoto.co.uk