[comradio-l] Melton's radio station celebrates award

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Jul 28 12:41:58 BST 2010

Community radio station 103 The Eye has won another regional award for
its work.  The station, which covers Melton and the Vale of Belvoir,
was judged winner of the 'contribution to the community' category in
the Federation of Small Businesses Awards 2010 for Leicestershire,
Northamptonshire and Rutland.

Awards were presented at the federation's recently held first business
awards gala dinner.

Managing director Christine Slomkowska said: "Everyone on 103 The Eye
is delighted to have won this latest award which comes just a few
weeks after we had our broadcasting licence renewed for another five
years by OFCOM.

"We all work on the station as volunteers and the award is a tribute
to the whole team of presenters and behind-the-scenes staff who keep
103 The Eye on the air 24/7 for the benefit of the community."

Source: http://is.gd/dOs7R

\\

http://photo365.commedia.org.uk
Facebook Fans: http://bit.ly/cog8n5