[comradio-l] UN World Day of Social Justice: 20 February 2010

Photo365 photo365 at commedia.org.uk
Mon Feb 15 15:46:51 GMT 2010

Dear colleagues

Saturday 20th February is the UN World Day of Social Justice to
"support the efforts of the international community in poverty
eradication, the promotion of full employment and decent work, gender
equity and access to social well-being and justice for all":

http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/social/intldays/IntlJustice/2010/index.html

Tell us what your community project will be doing for this Social
Action Day and we might be able to use your story for our daily photo
blog. If there is enough response we can run this as a feature for a
few days.

The blog has been going great guns - just take a quick look
here:

http://photo365.commedia.org.uk

The three most recent entries are:

“A Lifetime on Tiptoes”, Cardiff - Welsh/Punjabi/English podcast
collaboration launched at Welsh Senedd
http://tr.im/OifQ

"South Birmingham Community Radio, Kings Heath" - Ranking Roger opens
SBCR's new premises
http://tr.im/Oigh

"We Love Technology, Sheffield" - Bill Best in geek heaven at
bleeding-edge tech fest
http://tr.im/Oih6

You can participate in the blog by sending us photos - to
photo365 at commedia.org.uk - of your community media project that we
will publish on "Community Media 365". Every day in 2010 we are
posting a new image to the blog that relates to our sector. Together,
over the course of 2010 we are going to build a rich visual picture of
the community media sector - so send us your stories!

All photos are welcome - whether it's a picture of your favourite
stapler on your desk or a visit to your project by a campaigning
politician; a photo of your staff team or the view from your window.
Obviously the more photos we can get from you the better chance we
have of this project working well. The CMA will also be posting up the
occasional picture so you will get to see some of us too.

We can handle all digital photo formats - don't worry about that.

We will continue to make calls throughout the year for photos so just
keep them coming. We hope to feature as wide a spread of your projects
as possible but the more good photos that you send us the better the
chances are of your organisation featuring several times.

So get on the case now and send your photos to:

photo365 at commedia.org.uk

Many thanks for taking part!

http://photo365.commedia.org.uk