[comradio-l] [cma-l] Community radio in funding crisis: The Guardian 24/08/09

Karl Hartland hartland.karl at 209radio.co.uk
Mon Aug 24 15:13:26 BST 2009

Couldn't agree more Steve, that is indeed what it is starting to look like.

This is a matter of 'quick or dead' really...but on a slightly longer
timescale perhaps...it's not the only issue we face!

We've got more problems than this individual issue and each station, in
my opinion, needs to appoint someone within them to whip round these
edges...let's get organised!

Get this one rocking and we have a stronger collective base for all
other points of action and debate- this is what the CMA is here for,
THIS is why we pay our subs, *THIS is where our strength is at in the
wider picture!*

Please sign it

Please get others to sign it

Excuses are barriers to success! Do we not want success???

Stevensuttie at aol.com wrote:
> great article, but a pity that there is no mention of the petition -
> which is representative of less than 10% of community radio
> beneficiaries and practitioners! Its not reached 2,000 names yet.
>
> Kind of makes it look like people aren't really all that bothered
> about getting funding?
>
> http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/allthevoices/
>
> needs more signatures?
>
> *Kindest Regards
> Steve Suttie
> Station Manager, 94.4FM Salford City Radio*
> office* 0161 793 2939 *
> mobile *07772 355 852**
> WINNERS - Community Award - Salford Business Awards 2009
> Visit our Website www.salfordcityradio.org
> <http://www.salfordcityradio.org/listen.asx>*

Karl Hartland
209radio Station Manager

105 FM in the Cambridge City Area
http://209radio.co.uk everywhere else!

Citylife House
Sturton Street
Cambridge
CB1 2QF

01223 488418
07968 898254

209radio is a Registered Charity in England, No. 1124610,
and a Company Limited by Guarantee, No. 5585527

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of 209radio Ltd.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.