[comradio-l] Job Vacancy - Community Radio Youth Involvement Officer

Community Media Association cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Mar 3 17:44:05 GMT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: "darren at prescap.co.uk"

Job Vacancy - Community Radio Youth Involvement Officer

Established in 1985, Preston Community Arts Project (Prescap) provides a
platform and catalyst enabling people to explore, realise and value
their full potential through creativity.  We initiate, develop and
manage arts based projects that use art in a dynamic way to support
urban regeneration and community development.  One of our largest
projects is Preston FM, a community radio project running since 2005.

We are now seeking to recruit a dynamic new member of the community
radio project team, with the focus on ensuring the benefits of
volunteering with community radio are available to all young people in
Preston. This is a new and exciting new post that will require you to be
experienced in and committed to engaging and working with young people,
as well as excited about the opportunities community radio can offer them.

You will co-ordinate the recruitment, training, induction and support of
young volunteers, working with them to create broadcast material and
facilitating young people’s involvement in all aspects of the wider
community radio project.

Benefits include flexible working arrangements, 30 days annual leave and
5% pension contribution.

For an informal discussion, please contact Richard Lace, Community Radio
Project Manager, on 01772 880791.

For an application form and information pack, please e-mail
kez at prescap.co.uk or send an SAE (48p) to Preston FM, 2nd Floor,
Buckingham House, Glover’s Court, Preston PR1 3LS. CVs will not be accepted.

Details are also available on our website at www.preston.fm

Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12 noon on Monday
31st March 2008.  Interviews are expected to take place on 10th April.