[comradio-l] [cma-l] Radio likely to switch to digital by 2020

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 13:19:58 GMT 2008

This makes me very angry.

Firstly - who has decided that we need to get out of analogue
broadcasting - FM in particular - at all?

And why?

What is the all-pressing need to use 88-108MHz for something else in the
UK when most other countries will still be keeping it for broadcasting?

What is going to happen to all the equipment - still being openly sold
over the counter now - which will only work on our present DAB format
when the time comes to change to DAB+ or some other platform?

How are the smaller independent stations going to be incorporated into
the exclusive Big Boys' Club format that we have at present?

It ain't broke - so don't try to fix it!

Ian Hickling
Partner
transplan UK