[comradio-l] HCR back on air

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Aug 11 11:33:26 BST 2008

-------- Original Message --------

From:   David Ball <davidball at haltonaccesstomedia.co.uk>

Dear Friends

We're all pleased to announce that Halton Community radio (formerly
Halton FM) is now on air for its 5-year broadcast. It's been a long,
hard slog (with lkots of trials and tribulations) but we've made it at
last!!!

Please find below a press release and some background information on
HCR 92.3, which you may find of interest.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on (01928)
835290.

Kind regards

David Ball

\\

The very best in music and chat is now available to the people of
Halton as the Borough's radio station, HCR 92.3, started it's
full-time broadcast.

The Station is run by local people, for local people, and has a varied
musical schedule to satisfy the broadest musical taste. From dance to
jazz to blues and all points inbetween.

And over the coming weeks, the Station will be introducing a number of
speech-based programmes and features, including drama and
documentaries.

HCR's parent organisation runs a media training course for young
people, reACT, and students from the course will be actively involved
in the broadcast. Becci Hassey is part of the and reckons that "it's
one of the best experiences you can have at this age."

David Ball, Head of News, says that HCR also wants to cover as much
local news and current affairs as possible. "Inform, entertain and
educate. That's what we're about. It's not just the music. Local news
is the lifeblood of local democracy.

"The more the public knows about events the better informed are their
decisions. If anybody has any issues or news stories they would like
us to look into, please contact us at
davidball at haltonaccesstomedia.co.uk or ring us on 01928 835290"

Madam Mayor, Kath Loftus, who was present at the last reACT awards
ceremony, is very enthusiastic about the Station and agrees on the
importance of information: "In its coverage of local news, HCR will
provide a valuable service to Halton"

HCR will be broadcasting 24 hours a day seven days a week.