[CMA R] Community Radio Toolkit: the website launch

Alan Fransman alan.fransman at commedia.org.uk
Fri Nov 3 14:39:35 GMT 2006

+++ APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING! +++

Radio Regen and the CMA launch Community Radio Toolkit website

"Just to let you know that your Community Radio Toolkit is my NEW BEST
FRIEND! Having been involved in radio for the last 17 years I believed I
knew radio, but this toolkit has widened my horizons. It takes you
through the wonderful world of community radio step by step, and anyone
reading this toolkit will agree that it is all you need to be a viable
organisation." Jabbar Karim, Radio Asian Fever

Radio Regen and the Community Media Association are pleased to announce
the launch of the Community Radio Toolkit website.
http://www.communityradiotoolkit.net

The Community Radio Toolkit, originally published as a handbook last
year, was welcomed and well-received in the sector. The Toolkit’s
associated website builds on the success of the handbook and includes
the latest news and a wide range of interactive features.

The website provides a place to meet, learn, talk and share for anyone
working in the community radio sector. On its Online Communities pages
at http://www.communityradiotoolkit.net/communities, you will find:

-    Discussion forums
-    In the Spotlight features on key issues concerning the sector
-    Interactive facilities such as polls, editable glossaries, funding
databases you can add to and comment on and other activities
-    Chapters from the Community Radio Toolkit handbook

Radio Regen and the CMA hope the resources are useful to you, that you
discover answers to old questions, think up new ones and find plenty of
inspiration on the site.  Do make contributions and give us feedback at
toolkit at radioregen.org

We have one little request for you: please forward this email on to one
other colleague or friend in the field. No, it’s not a chain letter, you
will not be visited by the wicked fairy if you don’t do this. You’re
just helping a fellow voluntary sector organisation get a message across.

Please let us know if you would like posters and business-style cards
sent to your radio station by emailing your address to  Danielle Lowy at
toolkit at radioregen.org

Phil Korbel
Director, Radio Regen

Jaqui Devereux
Acting Director, Community Media Association

Danielle Lowy
Online Communities Coordinator

--
Book now for the Community Media sector's premier event!
http://www.commedia.org.uk/festival2006

CMA Festival & AGM 2006
City University
London

Alan Fransman
Community Media Association
15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities