[CMA R] 4,360 council seats up for grabs across England

Alan Fransman alan.fransman at commedia.org.uk
Fri Mar 31 10:35:18 BST 2006

+Apologies for Cross posting+

4,360 council seats up for grabs across England

Will you stand on the sidelines or will you get involved?

Spend a Day with the Election Coverage experts in Manchester on 4 April
and find our how you can become your community's key information source
at this years Local Elections.

Greater Manchester Centre for Voluntary Organisation
St Thomas Centre, Ardwick Green North, Manchester, M12 6FZ
Tuesday 4 April 2006
10.00am – 3.00pm

Free for CMA members!

Stephen Rooney, Electoral Commission Head of Communication said:
"Community media has a really important role to play in raising
awareness of the democratic process and we're very pleased to be working
with The Community Media Association. We all have an opinion on what
goes on in our area, and these concerns are often reflected through
community radio, television and websites.  This partnership is an
excellent opportunity to help people to understand more about how
politics works, how we can get involved and how we make our voices heard. "

If you would like to attend the Election Coverage Training day in
Manchester, you must make your booking by 12 noon today.

Follow this link to book online:
http://www.commedia.org.uk/about-cma/cmas-projects/your-vote-2006/workshops/book-now/

--
Your Community Media! Your Vote 2006

Don't miss out on the CMA's free Workshops for Programme makers, an
Election handbook for Community Broadcasters and a new website with
everything you need to know about the forthcoming Local Elections in
England.

http://yourvote.commedia.org.uk/

Alan Fransman
Community Media Association
15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities