[CMA R] performing rights for internet

Norman Polden haymere at uwclub.net
Sat Aug 12 21:51:04 BST 2006

Does anyone have any experience of the costs of PRS for internet provision.

I am told by PRS that
* on-demand content available on our website means an additional licence
* an RSL licence does not cover any internet provision
* a CR licence does cover internet provision.

Before I launch into PRS and all of the forms, what order of money are they
going to ask for and do we have to have PRS cover?

I am currently arguing with PRS as the money we pay for RSLs does not go to
the musicians whose music we play, just into the general PRS bucket (and 35%
goes to their Admin) - we are not happy about that (and neither are the
musicians). Does anyone else have this niggle ?

Regards,

Norman (at Flame FM on Wirral www.flamefmwirral.org.uk