[CMA_Radioforum] access radio forum meeting

Nicky Edmonds nicky at commedia.org.uk
Wed May 8 11:29:51 BST 2002

Hello everyone,

Here are details of the radio access forum and the parliamentary reception
on Tuesday May 14th.

 * The Access Radio Forum is from 11 a.m to 3 p.m
 It is at the RSA, which is at 8 John Adam Street, WC2N 6EZ.
The phone number of the venue is 020 7930 5115.
If you need to contact me on the day, my mobile phone number is 07790 156079

* Security at the RSA is very tight and I will need to give the RSA a guest
list on Monday, so please let me know exactly who is attending from your
group. You will also need to bring an invitation to the meeting, so we will
send these out by post.

* The agenda for the day has been left relatively open. After talking to
many of the representatives of the access radio groups, it came over
strongly that you would like the opportunity to learn from other people's
experiences and to raise some of the challenges and issues that have come up
so far. We have not invited the Radio Authority to this meeting, in order to
give time for discussion between groups.

*The draft agenda is:
11.00 tea/coffee
11.15 am  -1.00 p.m:  Description by each group of the progress so far, the
main challenges and the lessons learnt
Followed by a general discussion of the principle issues facing the Access
Radio pilot stations
1.00 p.m to 2.00 p.m: Lunch
2.00 p.m -3.00 p.m The future - what happens after the pilot licenses
finish?
The draft communications bill -our response and what next?

* We have had a good response to our invitations to the Parliamentary
reception which is at Portcullis House between 3.45 to 4.45 p.m on the same
day.
*Tony Lloyd MP, Mary Dowson, Amarjit Khera and someone from Manchester will
be speaking.
*Please bring any leaflets or printed materials that you have with you and
if you have any examples of radio programmes on mini disc, please bring
those (though of course in an hour, we will not be able to play all of
everyone's materials).
* If anyone is webcasting please let me know and I'll set up a computer. (if
you're not webcasting and you'd like to,  talk to me next Tuesday because
CMA should be able to help you for free)

And finally ....... For those of you who don't know me, I'm  now the main
contact at the CMA for the access radio pilots.  You will all have met
Lawrie Hallett and been aware of the excellent work that he's done. As you
will know he's now away working in Norway, so I'm taking over.  I look
forward to meeting you next week and hearing from you how the CMA, as your
association, can support the Access Radio Pilots and help you to succeed.

Best wishes
Nicky Edmonds

               Please reply to nicky at commedia.org.uk

            15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield S1 2BX
         Tel +44 (O) 114 279 5219  F + 44 (0) 114 279 8976
   http://www.commedia.org.uk
     CMA is secretariat for the Local Independent Television Network
   http://www.litn.org.uk