[cma-l] twinning

Canalside Community Radio Ltd office at canalsideradio.net
Fri Mar 9 12:46:06 GMT 2018

Dear All

I once remember having a conversation with Ofcom many years ago on something similar     (they basically said that folk can work together with who they wish)    but as Glyn points out Broadcasting codes / standards / limits / could be different. The other two obvious ones of course are local Networks    (which we have done in the past)      the reason it stopped wasn’t because anything was wrong it was owing to circumstances   ( I won’t bore you with the details )       so this is still technically on the table and we are in talks with someone as we speak     😊     watch this space        then of course there’s the other obvious one which I’m surprised hasn’t happened as of yet      the twinning with folk from our own CMA             so Somer Valley with Bay      or   All with Resonance      etc etc          you may recall I suggested a number of years ago having a Networked 1 hour lunch-time Community Show which broadcast every-day across      [ALL] Stations       say from Sheffield or wherever        and the topics were generic but focused on Community      be that Health Wellbeing / Policing / National Projects / Community Radio itself           this is where a National Advertising service could have plonked to fund it and raise money for the CMA at the same time          we as Stations run it along with the adverts sacrificing just 1 hour a day for the good of the cause. Unfortunately as I now see it I’m not 100% convinced that we are operating as a brotherhood with the same goals. I think we would all be better off if we did           but hey, that’s another story. I’m afraid we have allowed our wonderful project / venture to operate now on a two tier maybe even three tier system.

Take it from me        if you allow a divide and conquer system to take hold, even the ones who do well out of it end up in the mire just the same as the rest --- it just takes a bit longer, that’s all.

Anyway     I’m not going into a ramble, I am remaining quite chilled and calm and being a good boy  😊

My final word on ‘twinning’ or ‘teaming up’      especially in this Country       the way we’ve been going, if it was a lucky dip we’d possibly end up twinned with Trumpton  !   😊    LOL

----->The Canalside / Trumpto n/ Camberwick Green Breakfast Show with Mark Blackman / Nick Wright / Windy Miller and the Greased Pig   /  followed by :-

-----> The CMA Brunchtime Community Show    (todays topic ‘Policing’ with special guest PC McGarry number 452)

Onwards and Upwards everyone    😊

Nicholas H Dumpty