[cma-l] Sky/Fox Radio News

Clive Glover clive.glover at lineone.net
Fri Mar 17 17:17:22 GMT 2017

Bob

Very good point!

I think it is not quite so clear cut though. Strictly we are using IRN which has been contracted out to Sky News so editorial policy should still be dictated by IRN (although to be fair Sky News is pretty well balanced - as much as ITN for example).

However if it was a case of Fox News taking over that would definitely be an issue!

We should probably all take the opportunity to comment to OFCOM about this so they may add in a condition relating to the independence of national/local radio news services.

Clive Glover