[cma-l] Fwd: Looking for local funding?

Martin Steers martin at martinsteers.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 11:40:41 GMT 2017

you consider a postcode area / street area that has a particular issue or
problem, you develop programming (or media project) aimed at that
particular need / community area and target the output.

The wider outcomes are that the content may be beneficial to the wider
community / "coverage area", but also highlight and raise the issue of that
particular area again to the wider community.

We used this approach for a different grant last year, we highlighted a
neighborhood that is on the indices of multiple deprivation list, has low
skills, high unemployment etc (all available from the local council via
census figures), with the aim to launch a community newspaper and we would
target the recruitment in that area, but it would be open to all.

Martin