[cma-l] Fwd: Looking for local funding?

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Thu Mar 16 14:32:15 GMT 2017

Yes, the programme is looking for community groups and not-for-profit
organisations:

Active Communities is a funding programme for community groups and
not-for-profit organisations, with an income of less than £350,000 a year
or an average of £350,000 over two years, seeking investment of between
£5,000 and £50,000 for projects lasting up to two years. We're looking for
small and local projects, genuinely designed and run by local people. By
small, we mean just a small group of people on an estate, in a few streets
or villages.

And community radio and community media have a great deal to contribute to
the health and well-being agenda. We had a whole breakout dedicated to this
at the last Community Media Conference and there have been a number of
successful projects in this area.

The CMA is working to establish more explicit links between community media
and health and well-being.

Best regards

Bill
--